Beulah: The land of legendary outdoor recreation!
Beulah’s reputation for outdoor recreation brings visitors from miles away to enjoy the numerous variety of activities. In fact, once tourists have a taste of the fun-filled adventure, they routinely return year after year. Some even become residents! The reasons are endless:
- Lake Sakakawea is the third-largest man-made reservoir in the nation, created by the Garrison Dam on the Missouri River.
- Fantastic fishing opportunities exist with plenty of room for a quiet, relaxing time on the lake to adrenaline-filled tournaments like the Dakota Walleye Classic.
- Local golf links offer unique outings, like Black Sands Golf Club and its spectacular black coal slag bunkers.
- Bountiful hiking exists for walkers of all abilities in the area. The beautiful trails in Theodore Roosevelt National Park or the North Country Trail offer extended trips. In contrast, trails for all ages exist within Beulah’s parks or in the Knife River Indian Villages.
- Lake Sakakawea State Park is an attraction for anyone seeking camping, boating, fishing or relaxing by the lake!
Read more about these exciting opportunities and more to be found in Beulah for persons of all ages!