November Is the Month of Gratitude & Generosity
6 Nov 2023
Thanksgiving, a time to celebrate the harvest and other blessings of the past year, is usually the first thing that comes to mind when Americans think of November. Yet, November has multiple opportunities geared toward celebrating gratitude and generosity:
- National Gratitude Month
- National Entrepreneurship Month
- Veterans Day - November 11th annually
- Giving Tuesday - fourth Tuesday in November - November 28, 2023
National Entrepreneurship Month
What started as National Entrepreneurs’ Day back in 2010, turned into a month-long celebration of thanks for the efforts and contributions entrepreneurs offer in communities throughout the United States that better the economy, locally and nationally. As natural problem-solvers, entrepreneurs are also job drivers, economy-stabilizers, and family builders. When an entrepreneur gets their business off the ground, they hire employees and turn local businesses into local vendors. Employees take wages earned into their homes to provide for their families and into communities to purchase necessary and desirable goods and services. Utilizing local businesses as local vendors helps recycle community dollars and strengthen local businesses and resources. It’s no wonder that Small Business Saturday is also in this month. Small businesses start as entrepreneurs.
Show gratitude and support for a local entrepreneur/small business every day this month in one of the following ways:
- Purchase something from a new or favorite entrepreneur
- Volunteer your time and assistance
- Leave a positive review on their social media, Google, or website
- Share love by posting a review on your personal social media
Fellow entrepreneurs can participate in supporting each other by:
- Mentoring a new entrepreneur
- Volunteering to teach small business basics
- Encouraging discussions with the local Economic Development Director.
National Entrepreneurship Month celebrates innovation, creativity, problem-solving, courage, and change!
Veterans Day is intended to honor and thank all who served in the U. S. Armed Forces. These selfless humans put their lives on the line to help their fellow countrymen live a better life, many giving the ultimate sacrifice. A day during the month of gratitude is not enough, yet it is a day to be observed.
Show gratitude to Beulah’s local veterans by:
- Sincerely saying, “Thank you for your service,” when you see a veteran
- Volunteer at the closest American Legion location or any veteran-owned business
Taken straight from the Giving Tuesday website, “Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: A day encouraging people to do good. … Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts, and everyone has something to contribute toward building the better world we all want to live in.”
Giving Tuesday is also a great time to support non-profit organizations and charities.
Another way to show your gratitude and generosity is to shop local! As we enter the holiday shopping season, many big-chain stores have started their Black Friday deals, however, many of your local stores will have holiday deals as well.
The weekend after Thanksgiving is a great time to shop local first and always for the most unique items and gifts:
- November 24, 2023 - Black Friday
- November 25 & 26, 2023 - Small Business Saturday/Sunday
- November 27, 2023 - Cyber Monday for local shops that have websites
Start now checking with Beulah’s local merchants to plan your shopping during the last weekend of November.